Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Reading response 7


Reading Response-Own Perfect Meal

              After reading everyone’s perfect meal pieces, I came to notice one thing. Everyone wrote about “eating together”. Everyone says making food makes them think about their connection with their friends or families. This is very interesting. Indeed, cooking requires a lot of works. Going out to get ingredients, preparing instruments or a space to cook, and eating. Nothing can be done by alone. This sentence of Meredith’s represents this feeling; “The meal in front of us was a beautiful reminder of our indivisual abilities, our support for one another, and of own homes to which we would be returning shortly.” When we are preparing for meal, we get many people’s help, and when we are eating, we can feel how grateful other’s help was and how enjoyable to be able to share that meal with own friends. Of course the way of gathering food was changed a lot, compared to the Stone ages. However, these joy and fulfillment are not changed. Even in this modern society, we still find something happy in making food together. In this point, I believe making a meal is an extremely cultural and natural deed.

              Similar to the point above, what was interesting to me was that many people associated their food with their family, or mother. Even if they cooked it with friends, they tend to remember their family when they ate it. Most of them wrote about it but I would like to take an example of Cody. He says Sunday has been a special day for him because on Sunday his family enjoy the break without thinking about busy weekdays, and it is completed by eating a special dinner with all of them. Actually I was a little surprised at his description. Because I personally do not have these precious memory with my family on holidays. But his description was filled with happiness and his perfect meal, which was held with his family was also wonderful in terms of sharing happiness with his family. At this time I came to think maybe I wasted too much time with the most important people of mine. I have been taking for granted my happiness with family and friend, and doing nothing special. But if I truly think they are important, I might be ought to show respects and gratitude. And maybe, it had better to done through cooking together.

              Finally, when I was reading them, I was able to feel their joyful atmosphere and happiness. I believe that is because they truly enjoyed it with their important person, and they did put their energy into this project. I could realize again that when we try to do something, the more we are serious the more it will be fulfill. Especially in this type of group project, that glorious feeling will be bigger than usual. In addition, those characteristic of cooking makes them much bigger, I think. I felt that in order to write an interesting article, at first we have to enjoy the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment